This drink is perfect for everyone. It satisfies the picky drinker as it got champagne and the mixed-drink people as it got vodka. Together this makes a cocktail usually considered girly one that goes straight to your head and nothing is better when celebrating. It is a light sparkling take on one of our favorite cocktails. We recommend that you go for a sweet champagne.
If you want to save the champagne for later and go a bit cheaper, it’s possible to use dry sparkling wine. It might make the drink a bit too tart, so remember to add some sugar syrup, or simple syrup, which is sugar dissolved in water, for extra sweetness, until it tastes balanced. A 750-ml bottle of champagne will serve about 4-6 people.
- 3 cl Vodka (Preferably Grey Goose)
- 1.5 cl Cointreau liqueur or Grand Marnier
- 1.5 cl Fresh lime juice
- 1.5 cl Cranberry juice
- 6 cl Champagne
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Martini cocktail glass
- Place the martini cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- Fill a shaker with cold ice cubes.
- Add the Vodka & Cointreau, but wait with the Champagne.
- Before adding freshly squeezed lime juice, remember to rub it for extra taste.
- Add cranberry juice
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted, to combine and chill.
- To get rid of the small pieces of ice, strain the cocktail into a chilled martini cocktail glass.
- Top of with the champagne or save your mix in the fridge. Then your your guests can pour the chilled mix into their glass and top with champagne when they are ready to drink.
HistoryThere is no specific history behind the Champagne Cosmo. It's built on the classic cosmopolitan, but with the added bonus of bubbly.