With the Old Tom Gin’s rebirth we are able to once again enjoy the classic cocktail Tom Collins, as it was originally conceived by legendary bartenders as Jerry Thomas. The Old Tom gin is fairly subtle as a taste in the background but does provide an extra depth to the experience of the flavor of this amazing drink.
During the last years, different versions of the Old Tom Gin have been launched. Hayman's, Jensen's, Ransom and Tranqueray are just some of the brands. Nevertheless other types Gin's can easily be used as long as the ratio of sugar syrup is moderated. We recommend using fresh lemon for extra taste and flavor and carbonated water instead of soda or tonic.
- 4.50 cl Old Tom Gin
- 3.00 cl Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.50 cl Sugar syrup
- 6 cl Carbonated water
- Collins glass
- If you do not have sugar syrup, simple syrup will do just find. You make this by getting about 2 spoons of sugar and some water
- Mix it until the sugar is completely dissolved in the water
- Before adding fresh lemon juice, remember to rub it for extra taste.
- Pour in the old tom gin (Other types of gin can be used)
- Top of with carbonated water and some ice cubes